Have you been injured at work, whether psychological or physical, as a result of negligence of your employer? Have you lost income as a result of the injury? You may be entitled to lodge a Work Injury Damages claim.

You are entitled to Work Injury Damages if the following criteria are met if:
• You have already pursued a workers’ compensation claim;
• Your work injury is because of your employer’s negligence;
• You have been assessed to have a 15 per cent permanent impairment or more;
• It has been 6 months but less than 3 years since the date of your injury. If it has been
over 3 years since your injury, please contact us as we may still be able to help you.
• You have received all of your statutory lump sum payments you are entitled to for permanent impairment.

It is important to note that if you successfully claim for work injury damages that all future workers compensation benefits such as weekly payments, hospital and rehabilitation expenses will cease and any weekly compensation payments will be paid back and the amount of damages that you are entitled to may be reduced if you contributed to the injury. Centrelink and other social security payments will also be stopped.
In NSW, you are limited to claiming loss of past earnings, and future loss of earning capacity; medical costs, rehabilitation and other possible damages cannot be claimed.

The process begins with what is called a pre-filing statement with full details of the claim and the evidence. It is then referred to mediation through the Workers Compensation Commission and if the matter is not settled there, it proceeds to the district court.
AT CK Lawyers, we can assist you with your Work Injury Damages Claim and get you all that you are entitled to. Please contact us on 9687 6000 and we will guide you every step of the way. Our costs will be fixed so that you know exactly what you will receive and it is always on a no win, no fee basis.

Similar Posts